Google

Friday, May 26, 2006

Today's events

My shipment of stuff arrived today! Hooray! I have my computer and the rest of my clothes now, and all my DVDs! The only thing I own that is still in MI are all my books and my bed. I'm really happy everything arrived..however, there's a hole in one of the boxes so I'm hoping nothing is missing, I haven't had a chance to open the boxes up yet.

Today is another beautiful day! I just noticed that we can see the washington monument from the sidewalk in front of our building..that made me smile. We're right on 16th street about 1.5 miles north of the white house. We're in pretty much the dead center of DC and it's wonderful. Another surprising thing about this area to me is the trees! Since I basically only have experience being in San Francisco, and what I can see of NYC (oh, and detroit) on the television I was under the impression most cities of this size are barren wastelands of cement. There are trees everywhere though! They even drape over the sidewalk in some places. It's really quite cool. Even the townhouses usually have a little tiny yard in the front, but most have replaced grass with plants so there's less to maintain.

I went to the post office to mail something for Rory as a favor...because he asked. I figure he's giving me a roof over my head, I might as well be as helpful as possible.

Tonight we're going to a house party somewhere kind of close by I think. That should be fun, I'll get a chance to meet some people other than Rory in the area. That's about it I guess. I'm going to go shower and then unpack my boxes and stuff, enjoy the AC inside :) Until tomorrow,

JMB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home