Google

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Weekend Adventures

Last night we went to this house party and then out to the bar. It was pretty fun! We grilled out and had brats and shish kabobs with steak and peppers and mushrooms! It was delicious! The club/bar we went to was in Adams Morgan which is quickly becoming my favorite part of town. There's so many different kinds of foods and so many people, it's real fun.

Today Rory and I got up fairly early and walked over to a restaurant called PotBelly's. It was delicious! I loved every bite! We walked back home, watched a movie while we ate and then cleaned the apartment.

One of Rory's buddies from high school lives near here down in Virginia and his brother was in town with another friend for vacation. They were out and about all day doing their own DC thing but after a Nationals baseball game they headed to our place. We went to a bar for dinner called..well, I guess I can't remember what the place was called, but the area was super nice! The area is Duponte Circle, there were tons of people all around, live music on the streets, people in parks, all in all a very nice atmosphere. The restaurant was real nice too, we sat up on the roof, there were a bunch of tables up there, it was really cool. Service was bad but the food was decent and pretty cheap. Tip included I paid $13 for a nice chicken sandwich, fries, and a soda. It was real weird though, if you bought a pop you get one free refill then you have to buy a whole other soda to have more. We didn't know this so with 2 refills we each basically bought two sodas...and then wasted our second free refill, very strange.

After that we took a Taxi uptown to what I think is called the Cleveland Park area. I wasn't real sure, but we went to yet another bar/club to catch the Ultimate Fighting Championship 60 event on Pay Per View. It was a long way but a quick drive...amazed me though to think we spent $19 for a cab ride...which by the way was my first time in a Taxi in my entire life. Not bad though, our taxi driver was from some african country and had a cool accent...he was a nice guy, he must make a killing. There was a $15 cover but I figured that's a small price to pay since the event itself is way more to order yourself. The fights were great! Had a great time. We then decided to walk back since it was such a nice area. We were walking south and came to Adams Morgan area and all the guys wanted to go drinking and hang out, but I felt tired already and didn't feel like being out anymore so I walked home, it was only maybe 5 blocks. Here I am.

I'm pretty sad about my other hard drive. It had basically my ENTIRE music collection. No big deal right? It is to me. I copied all my actual cds onto the computer then basically didn't care about the CD anymore. Some I gave away to friends and others have just been lost. I'm complaining..but I'm getting over it. I have lots of other things to complain about, but for once in my life, the impending paycheck has me worrying about other little things, and I don't even think about money as a problem anymore. It's real nice. Well, all the other guys just showed up so I'm going to stop here. Life is good, but I miss everyone, especially amanda..I miss her terribly and hope she's having fun in South Africa. I'll write more tomorrow, the other guys leave the DC area tomorrow night or monday I believe, so they're going out walking from our place to check out the white house and other monuments...and since I haven't seen anything touristy yet, I may tag along. I'll update tomorrow though, like I said...I may have nothing to report as it's going to be 86 degrees we may stay inside in the AC and hang out for the day. I have paperwork to do before I start work on tuesday, so I can get that done tomorrow...anyway, until then.

JMB

2 Comments:

Blogger Dhavin said...

You sexy bitch. I told you DC was nice! I even managed to catch a capitals game when I was there last. Check out the Smithsonian musuems. Crazy.

8:10 PM  
Blogger John said...

For sure! If I find I have extra spending cash I'm going to try to get season tickets for next season! Woo Hockey!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home