Google

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Boring day

As I anticipated, it was very hot today so I tried to stay inside the A/C as long as possible. I left the apartment a few times, to do some random errands and to go grociery shopping. That was about it. Cleaned the place, which was nice...we had lots of glasses and plates that were dirty, so it was nice to have a clean kitchen again. Rory and I made taco's for dinner which were pretty tasty.

While shopping I bought hot dogs and things for lunch sandwiches, and other quick meal things that I can eat this week. I start the day after tomorrow at work, and I'm pretty sure my free time is going to go down the drain.

Wednesday after work Rory and I are going to check out a house between 7:00-9:00. It's a real nice looking place, in a real great neighborhood right near work. It'll only be $750/month/person which is a great price for the area, especially for the amount of house we'll get. There's pictures of it if you follow that link I gave. We'll see after Wednesday I guess. There's a few things we're waiting on before we start looking at houses hard. Rory may get a job in Seattle for Microsoft and may be moving soon, plus we're not exactly sure when Nick and Keith will start work at the Patent Office. Jon will start work about a month after I do, and we'd like to have a place lined up before that, so he can move down and right into our new house. We'll have to see I guess, take every day at a time. I'm planning for every stipulation that can occur and covering my tush so I don't get stuck with a $3000/month bill all on my own. Not that having that much house to myself wouldn't be fun, but I can't even have a little kitty, which for me is a big downside. The major upside is the 10-15 commute to work, the nice neighborhood and simply the look and quality of the house itself. As it stands now we have about a 1 hour commute to work between walking to the metro, taking one train to a stop and transfering to another, it's a pretty long time. 2 hours of my day will be wasted in traveling.

Tomorrow I have to prep for work, fill out some paperwork and that's about it. Nothing else planned until I start getting some paychecks. The FIFA World Cup starts in about two weeks too. I enjoy soccer so it's nice it's coming up, since it's only on every four years. Anyway, I guess that's all for now. I'll write more tomorrow or I may wait until Tuesday night so I can report how my first day of work went! Woohoo!

JMB

1 Comments:

Blogger kob said...

welcome to dc

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home