Google

Friday, March 07, 2008

Spring time;

Spring time is almost here! That means that the weather is nice, the air is warm, people are happier, and even the sun is still up when I leave work! I suppose that's not always the case, as sometimes I stay late, but on a normal day, I get to see some sunlight! :)

The last week has been fairly warm and sunny. We had rain a few days and it's supposed to get cold and rainy again in the next few days, but the warm weather was definitely nice. It's amazing how I seem to forget how happy a nice day can make me ever year. The simple act of a fresh breathe of air is so appealing.

My workload has been fairly heavy lately as once again the quarter is winding down. I have about 3 more weeks to finish all the things that need to be done by end of quarter. It's always stressful and frustrating, but it's my fault for putting things off. One day, I have high hopes that I'll overcome this deficient behavior and start the quarter strong, working hard to get ahead and stay ahead. This quarter is important because next quarter contains my two year anniversary, which is when I become a full fledged government employee. I was hired under a two year probationary term to ensure I can do the job and will be a great employee. All that means is I can be terminated for any reason up until that date, but I won't give them any reason to get rid of me! :)

Wedding planning is going well and amanda is getting ready to head back to MI for some bridal showers. She has 3 showers in 5 days! It's going to be a packed week, but I'm sure she'll love it. I am not making the trip back, as I'm up to my neck in paperwork, but I'm not upset about it. It'll be nice for amanda to relax a little bit and soon enough we'll have our wedding, honeymoon and a nice chunk of time off. I'm really looking forward to that.

Anyway, all this talk of work harshly reminds me that I'm sitting here and should be doing patenty things. Until next time!

JMB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home