Google

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sweden Job

Today I'm all alone hanging out around the apartment because Rory was far behind in his work, he had to go in today to catch up...then again, by the sounds of it, he's pretty much behind all the time, since he started 9 months ago. I hope he doesn't go crazy, but he doesn't seem to mind. I think he'll get time and a half today anyway, so it's good for him.

Anyway, checking my email first thing I found an email from the Swedish Company I applied for maybe 6 months ago! Crazy, I was basically applying to at least 10 jobs per day no matter the location or what the job was..this was one of those. Most of the time I don't hear anything, so getting an email several months later was a surprise. Here's the email.

 Vi har nu tillsatt tjänsten som Logistikchef på Sandvik Rotary Tools i
Köping

Vi tackar för ditt intresse för vårt företag och den aktuella tjänsten och
hoppas att du är intresserad av att söka andra tjänster hos oss längre
fram.

Med vänlig hälsning/
Accenture Services AB / AB Sandvik Rotary Tools


Crazy! Luckily I have lots of swedish friends online that I'm able to communicate with. So I emailed it to one of the guys I know, Sven, and he read it aloud in an online "Voice over IP" software thing. It's basically a free telephone but it's easy to communicate with anyone in any country. Anyway, Sven told me that it says, basically, "Thanks for applying to Sandvik, we're sorry but we've just hired someone else for the position you applied for. However, thank you for applying and if you want to apply for other positions we'll keep you in consideration." Awesome. I think it'd be fun to work and live in Sweden (during the summer.)

That's about it for now, I'm going to go finish all the paperwork I have to take to work tomorrow. I've already prepared all my clothes and stuff so I'm just about ready. Hopefully I'll be tired enough by about 10:00pm tonight to go to sleep, since I have to be up and ready to go at 6:30am. Ouch, anyway, more tonight if something happens, else tomorrow after work!

JMB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home