Google

Saturday, July 08, 2006

I've been slacking!

Wow, I never think to post anymore, although, I have tons to write about!

I'm getting MARRIED! During the last trip to Michigan to see Amanda for the 4th of July I proposed! Actually, more specifically, I proposed to amanda on June 30th at approximately 10:00pm. It was glorious! She said yes, naturally! :) I'm such a lucky guy!

Friday at work, since I got out an hour earlier, I stopped by a car dealership and bought a car! Well, I leased a car anyway. I got a pretty sweet Toyota Yaris! They're great on gas, small and best of all, cheap! I don't actually have it yet though...I bought it yesterday, but the only colors they had at the dealership were Red and Lime Green...well, neither of those will do, so I'm waiting for a darker model to come in. I wanted it completely loaded too, so that caused me to have to wait. Luckily it should be here tomorrow. I went with Geico insurance as they seem to be the best around, for me anyway.

That's about it...my two biggest purchases, aside from my college education, were in the last week (the other being the engagment ring, if you didn't realize.) I'm such a happy camper right now. The only downside to the whole week was that grandpa wasn't around when I was back in Michigan. I sure love him a lot, I wish I could have seen him, but there'll be other trips! :) He's pretty much the best thing walking on the earth and I hope he's enjoying himself this summer.

I've been slacking so much on this blog though, it's kind of depressing. When I first moved to the DC metro area I wrote once or twice a day! I've entered the lull of the work force, so nothing much exciting happens on a day to day basis anymore. Work is going great too though, by the way. I think I'll be extremely happy at the PTO, it's a great job, and it will allow me many advancement opportunities! Everything is going pretty smooth!

I wish amanda were here. She ties grandpa for the best thing walking on the earth, and they're both in Michigan! It appears I'm in the wrong state, but I'm sure it'll all work out. The experience of working and living on my own is worth it, as amanda will be moving down here in May, and I'll get to see grandpa soon I hope. Maybe this winter I can fly or drive down to florida to see him! We've talked about that briefly and I think it'd be fun for everyone!

That's all for now, it's about 12:30am sunday morning, I should probably get to sleep so I can get up early tomorrow morning so I'll be tired Sunday night. I don't want to be up all night before work. Goodnight friends and family! :)

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home