Google

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Day 3

Woo! Almost done with my first week. Turned in my birth certificate and I'm loving the job. I can't wait to finish training so I can gain basically complete independence. It'll be real nice to have the freedom to come and go as I please, and stuff like that. I even opened my new bank account today.

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain or thunderstorm the entire day. Luckily we have two umbrellas, that'll be nice. Work goes by so fast, and it's kinda actually fun. I'm sure it's just the fact that we're training and it's the first week, but only time will tell.

I slept real well last night, no nightmares or anything. It was relaxing, but I found by the time my alarm went off, I was still real tired and groggy. It's weird sleeping through the night, I don't have hours to prep to get up cause I'm still awake. It's real good. I think it was the stress of all the stuff going on, like I said before. I really do miss amanda though, more than anything on earth. I can't wait to see her, it feels like it's been ages. She's pretty much the best thing ever, and I'm lucky to have her, and I'm lucky she's understanding in the fact that I moved 1000 miles away.

The government gives me $105/month for the metro system, which almost covers all that I use...but I don't get my subsidary for another day, or at the latest, monday. Sucks because I use $5.60 each day, and that's been coming out of my pocket since I've been here. No big deal, that's why they pay me.

Another large stress factor is coming about soon, another move. Keith and Jon will be moving to VA in about 3 weeks, so I need to find a place, set aside enough money for rent and deposit, and still eat and clothe myself.

We found this great place for about $900/month each, for four people. It's got a huge personal gym, fully equiped, indoor pool, and even 100 feet of beach on a nice looking lake. INDOOR POOL, and a sauna too. I wish we could live there, it's pretty close to work too. It's about 7 miles south of work, and I have no idea how that commute is...could take an hour if traffic is bad right there, I have no idea really. Plus that's an awful lot of money, cause I'd have to buy a car as well just to live, and I don't want to do that. Not on top of $900/month. There's other bigger houses further away, but where there'd be less traffic, for somewhere around $400/month/person. That'd be a lot more reasonable because I could afford a very nice car, with parking, insurance, gas for all around the same price...seems incredible what you can get if you only leave the DC area maybe 10 miles. $950/month for a studio is not what I call fun. I'd rather pay that and drive a brand new completely stacked Passat, or something similar. I could afford a nice BMW even. So I'm thinking we'll look further away. Who knows?

It's about 11:00pm and it's about 10 minutes after my bedtime so I better start wrapping this up so I can actually finish writing in the next 1000 words.

This weekend is going to be slow. Rory is running a 5k on saturday and then has some sort of plans saturday night..I think camping is entailed. We were going to go shopping but I can't access my funds through the new bank until I get my new debit/ATM card, which won't be until next week. I need to shop though because I need more shirts and pants...I'm real happy I can wear polo shirts though. It's so humid and hot in this area, I have to shower first thing when I get home from work, and it's really unbearable. Next thing to do is get the words "Patent Pending" tattoo'd on my chest...either that or on my shoulder blades. I think that was grandpa's idea, and I happen to think it's a great idea :) Maybe I'll wait a few years, so I either forget or grow out of the want to mark my skin for life. But I'm still young and stupid, so we'll have to wait and see on this too :)

Well, I forgot what else I was going to write about so I'll end here for the night.

John

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Patent Pending"? Bahahahaha!! I love it!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Gabe Krupa said...

John, if you tatoo that on your body I will fly to DC and kick your ass.

unless you do it in ye olde gothic script, like the gang-bangers.

upside: seeing your big brother. downside: getting whacked in the knee with a tire iron.

7:41 PM  
Blogger John said...

Weird Gabe, looks like everyone likes the idea but you..:p

8:09 PM  
Blogger Dhavin said...

Look at it this way Gabe; it's a step above tattooing the xyience upc/logo on his forehead. UFC60 was awesome, but now I'm digging on Tito and Shamrock making pulp out of each other! Yay Beer! says the beautiful man...

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home