Google

Friday, June 09, 2006

Holy Moly!

Apparently I missed way more days than I thought on here. Well, here I am. The second week went real well at work. We're starting to learn more about what we'll actually be doing, and that's exciting. Our training is pretty basic still and slow going, so that sucks...but at least we're still getting paid, right?

It's set in stone, I'm coming home June 29th and returning to DC July 4th. I'm not 100% either way if I'm going to make it up to Saginaw or not, but I'll definitely be in the Lansing area. I'm real excited to come home, plus amanda got home yesterday, so that's another reason I haven't been posting. It's so nice having her back, I was missing her so badly...just talking or IMing or emailing is nice, and we couldn't do any of those more than once a week. Life is good again.

Rory is in Seattle right now until tomorrow night, he flew out yesterday morning, super early, for an interview with Microsoft. I hope for his sake he gets the job. He doesn't make nearly as much as I do and living out here is expensive. This job at Microsoft would almost double his salary and the standard of living in Seattle is slightly less than here in Washington. I haven't talked to him but I tried calling a few minutes ago. Skype works great. He'll be back tomorrow and that'll be fun. My friend from work, Carolyn, and her boyfriend are having a bbq tomorrow afternoon and she invited our whole lab group of 16 people. I may try to make it over there in the afternoon, then back home to meet Rory when he gets back. My other friend Jonathan's bday is today, he turned 28, and he's having a small party tomorrow night, in which he invited us all over there. So, if Rory makes it home we'll probably go to Jonathans, but I don't think I'll go by myself...it is kinda close by though, so that may change.

I'd be content just sitting at home talking to amanda. My missing her was starting to take its toll on my mentally and physically, and I feel way better now that she's home. We talked last night on the phone for around two hours, and then I went to bed early. It was nice sleeping early, but I woke up to a nice large thunderstorm around 2:00am. That was pretty cool. It stopped raining too and didn't rain all day.

Anyway, the week went real well, amanda is home and all is well. Tonight I'm just relaxing and hanging out alone, talking to amanda and watching Soccer. The World Cup is great. Anyway, I'm off for now. I'm can't think of what else to write, but I'll write more later. Bye :)

John

2 Comments:

Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

I graduated double major in Physics and Mathematics in 1986 UMD. I drive a cab in DC now.

My training in mathematics helps me give out the correct change to my passengers and the Physics part help me load suitcases the proper way.

7:25 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hey man, taxidrivers in this area make a ton of money...so I imagine you're doing ok for yourself :)

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home