Google

Monday, June 19, 2006

So much has happened

Wow! It's been so long since I've written, a lot sure has happened!

Amanda came to visit for the weekend, it was amazing. It was so nice to spend some time with her and enjoy her company. We didn't really do all that much, but it wasn't our fault. Yesterday it was too hot to be outside and do any touristy things, plus she wasn't super thrilled about doing any of that. We'll have plenty of time to do that on her next visit anyway, I hope.

We went to IKEA and I got to buy a whole bedroom set. That was real nice, and the stuff is so cheap! I love IKEA, and I've sold amanda on the store too. IKEA is great.

Amanda surprised me, by the way. I got home from work in a rush thursday night, and since I had friday off work, that was the day we were moving. Jon drove down from MI and his parents drove with him, in their car, to bring all his stuff. He picked me up and we headed for Virginia, to our new house. It's a sweet house! I love it already, and now that I've decorated my room with IKEA stuff, it's super awesome. I'm pumped. I set up my wireless internet as well, which is how I'm writing this!

Anyway, amanda visited, that was great...my new house is great...which is also...great? Work went well today, even though I was up at 5:00am to get ready and get amanda to the airport. The day flew by and then before I knew it, I was home from work. The commute is only 30 minutes now instead of the 1 hour metro ride...plus after the metro, I had to walk 1 mile which made it miserable. Now I get to sit in the AC in the car and enjoy Jon's company.

Today at work was interesting...long story short, I may get a $6000-9000 bonus, either soon, for signing up, or at the end of my training or the first year. It'll either be a starting bonus or a retention bonus. In fact, there's a chance I'll get a $7500/year bonus the next four years, if I keep my job. (keep my job as in not leaving for a private sector job, not being fired)

Anyway, that's about it...I live in VA now instead of DC, my job is still going great, I got to see my wonderful girlfriend, and I'll be buying a new car in the next month. I'd say life is good.

JMB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home