Google

Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday night!

Well, apparently I didn't post a thing this weekend.

I had a pretty good weekend with only a minor injury bringing me down. While jogging real early saturday morning I got a shooting pain in my chest. I was pretty scared, the pain was shooting and very sharp, I almost collapsed. Luckily an old man was there, he helped me out a lot, and almost called an ambulence but I eventually was ok. I have no idea what happened. It felt a lot like my Pleurisy from about 5-6 months back. Instead of being on my back on my left side it was on the front right.

Reall weird. I almost went to the doctor/hospital, but since I don't have my insurance papers yet, it'd be a big hassle. Speaking of which, I should get those in the mail this week, I'm looking forward to that. Anyway, I was expecting a week or more of pain my chest, assuming it was like the lung affliction I was already familiar with....to be continued.

So, after the jog, I finally made it the rest of the 2 miles home(I just walked, I still need my excercise after all) and had a real nice chat with the man that helped me. He was very interesting and had the weirdest looking dog I've ever seen. Anyway, I showered and called Rory! I went into DC with my car, instead of taking the metro in, and picked him up. We had decided to drive over to Annapolis, MD for some sight seeing and enjoyment of the extremely nice sunshine. It was a little to hot but the drive was nice in the AC'd car. It's only about 30 miles to the west so the drive was pretty quick, except for the fact we got a little lost at the edge of DC. The signs didn't help at all, they said, at one point, that highway 50 was straight ahead, but then there were zero signs after that, so we apparently missed the turnoff. We eventually made it after traveling an extra 6 miles in city traffic to finally make it out of the city taking the back roads. (side note, apparently DC is meant ot be confusing to instill uncertainty to foreign dignitaries..but I don't know if I buy that...I don't even know if I spelled dignitaries correctly..) Anyway, the drive was nice.

We arrived safe and sound and in great spirits in Marylands capital city, which is extremely beautiful, by the way. It's probably the nicest looking capital I've ever seen. Is it capitol? I know it's the capitol building, so it must be capitol. I think it's capital though....whatever.

We went to the Navy Academy, that was really cool. We spent a while just walking and looking around, taking pictures and enjoying our time. It was fun! We got to see the water and lots of navy boats...sail boats, and yachts, no big ships or anything. That was basically all we did, since we had plans to meet friends at a restaurant at 9:00pm, we couldn't take all day.

We drove back into the city and met up with a few friends and had a bite to eat, a couple beers and a lot of laughs before I drove rory and amy to another bar, Jonathan back to his apartment and then I headed back to VA. I made it home by midnight and had a great night sleep.

Sunday I woke up, still plagued by my chest pains, which afflicted me all night. I took a few deep breaths, some advil and a nice shower and eventually the pain ceased. I thought it was just the medicine but it has yet to return. That makes me happy. I'm not injured much at all! Must have just been a tendon or a muscle or something, I better get help to be sure I'm running in correct, or at least a safe form.

I toyed with the idea of taking today off as a sick day. I'm not really sick, just sick of mondays. It would have been the perfect day to miss too, as I basically got paid to do nothing anyway. It was nice though, being at work. I enjoy being there, which is good, since I spend so much time there, traveling there, worrying about being there, and looking towards years and years of going there. Phew...

I got to talk to amanda a bit today, that was nice. We talk on the phone during my lunch timea little bit, and she emails me in the morning, and I get to email back and forth with her before she heads to work. We talked tonight when I got back from work too, but she's since gone out with friends. I wish I were there with her, I miss her lots. Friday she arrives here in VA though! I'm really really excited about that. I've probably mentioned that before, and I'm sure I'll mention it again..probably thursday night, before she arrives. I'm really excited, we have tons of stuff planned. We toyed with the idea of moving the wedding up, instead of May 2008, moving it to Sept. 2007, but the Chapel at MSU is not for rent that day, since it's a home football game. Oh well, I guess we have to wait another 8 months. No big deal, I'm just excited for her to move to me. I'm excited about friday's visit as well!

That's about all. I have to work tomorrow, like always, and I think I'll head to bed now, it's already almost 9:30pm. I'm rereading a great tom clancy book called "Without Remorse." It's always been one of my favorites, so I figured i'd give it another read. I'm never much for rereading books, but I liked this one so much, and it's been probably...7 years since I've read it, I figured I could use a refresher.

I'll write more this week, but don't count on me writing much while amanda is here!

In good spirits and good health!

I love you all! (Especially you grandpa! but everyone else too!)

John

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After you're done re-reading that book you should start on the David Eddings series'!! The Belgariad and the Mallorean follow one another (with a couple singles after them). These are awesome books that you would really love. I swear!! :-D

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home