Google

Thursday, July 20, 2006

One more day of work this week!

I love thursdays. It's amazing, even though I have every other friday off, the fridays I do have to go to work, I actually look forward too. We can dress down from business casual to jeans and a polo...although polo shirts fly around here as business casual. The jeans are a huge help. Most people wear tennis shoes as well, and that really makes it sweet. Something about being comfortable at work for 10 hours a day, wearing jeans and comfy shoes, it really increases morale. I don't mind sitting there if I'm comfortable, and I can sit in my cubicle with my comfy jeans and shoes, listening to my favorite CD's while reading document after document, taking only minor breaks to write out a paper or something. The job is pretty sweet.

Our cubicles are kind of close together so we all appreciate the fact they gave us headphones and microphones so we can telecommute with other coworkers who are at home working. That's never come up during training, but in a few short years, I'll hopefully we working from wherever I want. That'd be a dream come true. Anyway, with the headphones we're allowed to listen to music and such online or cd's or whatever. Without them, I'd be lost. People going through the halls are sometimes noisy, and whenmy coworkers are talking about a project or something, it can be hard to read and stay focused. I've already noticed that if someone says something that catches my attention then I'm distracted for close to 2-3 minutes as it's hard to get back into what I'm reading, let alone understand every technical word in a 50 page document. Ok ok, I'm starting to babble, as always, but I'm thankful they're understanding enough to let us drown out our coworkers with some wickedly great music.

On thursdays we always have a happy hour at a bar right down the street. It's real nice, I never drink since I have to drive, but it's nice to go grab some food. Today, I ordered a Quesadilla and Rory ordered Nachos. We split both meals so I got half a plate of nachos and half a delicious Quesadilla. It was pretty good. I'm sure I'll be feeling it in the middle fo the night or early tomorrow morning, but that's life. It was fun today, as usual. We still got home quite early, had a nice bite to eat, and I've just got out of the shower. I feel real good. I've been running, work is going great, and I get to see amanda in a week. Did I mention we're going to be married? I'm pretty much the happiest person on earth. Amanda is the best thing to ever happen to me, and every since we've met, life has only got better and better.

Another thought I had...student loans. I have two theories that I can't really decide upon. After all my bills, including the rent, car payment, all my insurances, gas, parking, metro, food, cell phone, credit card, and my other debt and costs of living...I still put away a decent amount for short term and a bigger amount for long term savings...my thoughts are as follows. I can pay as much as possible toward my student loans now to work on paying them off in the next 5-10 years. I'll pay less interest, and get them out of the way. Once I start paying them, I should be able to continue living comfortably without much worry, however, I can't save as much and my other entertainment lacks. My other thought is this, pay a lower monthly amount for the first few years, paying the same interest rate, and then in 5 years when my salary is doubled or so, pay a lot more then. I'd probably pay them off in close to the same amount of time, but I'd end up paying more in the long run waiting to make larger payments. The interest rates aren't THAT horrible, and I think waiting a bit would help my stress levels, since I'd have more money in general, or at least feel that I do. When I'm making more, I can make bigger payments without noticing as much...sound logical? I'm not sure the best means as of yet, since I don't have to pay them for a while. Any thoughts? I didn't want to give specific information, but the logic is still there. Live happier or be more responsible? Actually, I'm not sure waiting longer to make bigger payments is unresponsible. I have a wedding to pay for and a future wife to support. I think once my salary is bigger, we'll be able to make sizable payments towards both of our student loan balances, and get them paid off while living in a nice home and driving nice vehicles. I'm just not sure.

I wish amanda and I were getting married this next summer, after graduation. 2 years feels so far away, but this gives us time to set up our lives together, and separately. I'm excited. So excited.

Wow, well, look at the time. I wasn't joking when I said I just showered, I'm sitting here in my towel. I should probably go get ready for bed as it's almost 10:00pm and I'm all dry. Take care everyone! Until next time!

JMB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home