Google

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday,

Wow, I'm terrible at remembering to update this. I wish I could sit down and think to do it everyday, but I can't, plus I'd quickly run out of things to write.

Work has been going well. It appears I'll be in the Fiber Optics work group, as I had anticipated, at least for the last few weeks. I should be getting my "docket" with my real cases that I'm responsible for, at the beginning of next week. That'll be fun, I'll be busy every minute at work, for the rest of my career at the PTO.

Another note at work, I missed out on a bonus given to new hires. The "redtape" stopped the paper work from going in before my class in May, or the class in June started. The class in July gets their hiring bonus with their first paycheck, totalling approximately $7600 for my pay grade...sucks big time missing out on that. Oh well, I'll just have to pray they decide to give it to us at another time, maybe when our 8 month training expires. I'm worth it, they'll want to keep me :)

Everything else is pretty slow going. I just got home from work, I'll go make dinner, take a shower, and have a few minutes to put my feet up before amanda gets home. Then I'll talk to her for a bit and go to sleep...just like every work day... I live for the weekends. Once I get my docket I may get to have a little more flexibility in my arrival time at work, and after 6 months, assuming I get my promotion, I'll be able to work for comp time (I work and accrue leave instead of overtime pay) That'll be really nice, being able to get a few extra days of leave off whenever I want. It'll allow me to go to MI to see amanda for spring break, and for other trips through the year. Maybe we can go to florida or something instead, who knows?

I've started shopping around at places to rent in the area, as we'll get our own place when amanda moves to VA. So exciting.

That's about it, it's pretty slow going in this area. It's been quite hot lately, but not like it was, I'm very thankful for that. I can handle 85, but 105 is way too hot for me. The humidity is the worst though.

I'll be in MI from August 31st to September 1st, and I'll be in Saginaw for a few hours one of those days for sure. Amanda is inheriting my old queen sized matress and box springs, so we'll have to go pick that up unless she can make it down there before then. With that date quickly approaching, (about two weeks) I doubt they'll have a chance to get it before I come. That's fine with me, it gives us a great excuse to make it to Saginaw.

That's that. Not much else has happened. I'll write more again, I just don't know when :) I'll try to be better though, I'll write a note on my whiteboard. Until then, take care.

John

2 Comments:

Blogger Gabe Krupa said...

Mom is also a good reason to visit Saginaw. No excuse needed. :-)

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're a good excuse! Hell, we're FOUR good excuses! :-D

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home