Google

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

HOORAY!

Well, needless to say, the second day of work was muchmuch better than the first... I guess technically after work was way better. Rory and I went to go look at a house and couldn't find where it was. On the ad it said the house was on a road that wasn't listed since it was so new. We searched the area and found what we though may be it, but it turns out that the address was wrong...and the place we found happened to be condemned and unliveable. That sucks. It looked super nice, but at least we know now and I can broaden my searching horizen.

After arriving home finally, around 8:00 pm from my day, I came to discover that I indeed got my birth certificate in the mail, also my dad sent me a graduation present, that I greatly appreciate. The last thing that would have completed my day would have been an email waiting for me from amanda...but it wasn't too be. I'm not too disappointed though, she's in the African wildlife so I'm sure she's having a blast. I hope I get an email from her soon though, after all this stress I really could use some encouragement from her. She's the best.

Pistons won, another great thing about May 31st 2006.

My training at work is so crazy. Today we had to make self "shields" or "crests" using four quadrants to depict our life. We had to draw...not write, but draw pictures and symbols that answered simple questions. Where are you from? What are you known for? What's your hidden talent? What's your best accomplishment? Then we did it as a whole lab. Basically, I made $60 for coloring at one point today. I love my job.

So, right, my job. There's 16 of us in my lab section. There's 8 lab sections full of other people, but we don't really get that much interaction with them. We all sit together in a lecture hall once in a while throughout the day, but we don't get to talk or anything. Today the Deputy UnderSecretary came to give us a talk. He was pretty interesting, very young for being the man in the government with the longest title. Not fair though, he has two official job titles rolled into one.

The job is fun, I'm going to really enjoy it. I'm very happy that I got all the paperwork I needed today, I would be severely upset if I was to lose this job, but it worked out great!

I still miss amanda, but she'll be back in about a week. I'm counting the days until I can fly home to see her, not that I know when that will be, but I'm excited for it. Maybe the 4th of July! I get that tuesday off, and I can use a personal day on Monday, I think. We only have a few times throughout our 8 month training that we can use personal time, so I'm going to take full advantage. I earn 4 hours of vacation time and 4 hours of sick leave every biweek, so I should have a day or two by then.

That's about it, everything is good on this end. I suffered from extreme nightmares last night again, it's really starting to hurt my sleep schedule. I don't know what it is, but I have a great idea that's it's the stress, plus the fact I miss amanda so much, since the nightmares always revolve around her. I know they're just dreams, but it's still terrifying. I'm in good spirits though, and I'm doing great. I only have great things to say at the moment, and I'll write again tomorrow, as is my style.

I love you all.

JMB

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, glad you got the paperwork!! I tried reading your post for the first day but it ...disappears partway down. :(

I hope things just keep getting better and Amanda isn't stolen by wild pygmy rhinos to be queen of their tribe. ;-)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home